Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, December 8, 2012

THE OUTLAWZ SKETCH CHALLENGE

This is the sketch provided for this week's challenge over at The Outlawz

and this is my interpretation:


I used ready cut chippie letters from a store bought kit to make a festive mobile - they weren't double sided so I thought the mobile wouldn't look good anyway.  

Instead of the "O" I used the round Santa scene to add a little more interest to the card.  I punched out lots and lots of little red, white and blue CS snowflakes and glued tiny gems to the centre of each (I didn't have any self adhesive ones in the size I needed so ended up having to do it all by hand LOL!).  Some bigger (self adhesive - thank goodness) gems  were stuck over where the holes for the strong of the mobile should have been threaded through the letters.

To make up the rest of the card I used 4 dark blue CS mats for the letters and some polka dot DP - I stuck snowflakes over the dots.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

6 comments:

  1. This is just beautifully crafted with great attention to detail and what a way to recycle. Wishing you a relaxing weekend. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous interpretation, Jen. Love it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Jen! Love the Santa scene instead of the O...great idea!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful card. Happy to see you at Delicious Doodles and look forward to seeing more of your work. Good luck. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet card! Thanks for stopping by Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!