Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"FOR UNTO US A CHILD IS BORN .."

This card represents the MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS to me, and without going into too much detail, I think the Magic started thousands of years ago, with the prophesy of the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.  and it becomes so very real again every year at a church carol service, or when I watch a Nativity Play.


The images featured on my card are two that I drew myself, Nativity Silhouette (in the foreground) and Chapel Window (in the background).


I used the png versions of the images, sized and merged them to create a Christmas Scene  I used Copics to colour and a white gel pen to do some detailing.  The card is made according to the sketch offered in the Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz today, and the card will also be entered into Digistamps 4 Joy's "There's Something Magical about Christmas" Challenge which started today.

I have decided that I will not be sending out Christmas Cards this year, and the money saved on postage will be donated towards saving a rhino.  So this is my Christmas Card to all friends and family, with a wish :

The most precious gift of Christmas arrived in a very small bundle with no bow
May your Christmas be warm with love, blessed with joy, and bright with promise.

Much love


12 comments:

  1. This is not only a gorgeous card Jen but a truely lovely post! I wish you & your family a very Merry Christmas & a happy, healthy 2013!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this is simply beautiful! Love it! And Merry Christmas to you and yours! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. You are an amazing artist. Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate The Occasion.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Such a wonderful card Jen.
    Thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

    Greetings karin DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jen. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Also thanks for joining us at TTCRD.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thank you so much for joining us for our “All That Glitters ” Challenge at
    The Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge blog
    Your card is fabulous well done
    I wish you a Merry Christmas and good luck Hugs Elaine .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen this is lovely and a great monochromatec creation. Thanks for sharing your talent with DS4J. Good luck. Hugs Desíre  {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}  {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Beautiful, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We miss you Jen! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at

    Digistamps4Joy.

    Angela Bonanno (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card.
    Thanks for playing along with Crafty Sentiment Designs
    Merry Christmas
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!