Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A NEW CHALLENGE AT JACKSON'S DIGITAL EXPRESSIONS

As always, the theme for the challenge (#34)  is Anything Goes, and this time the sponsor is Digi Darla.

For your inspiration, I have made a card with the sponsor's image, called Front Door, which I have made into a Christmas Card: 
I coloured the image using alcohol markers and a white gel pen:  


and made a hand bead embroidery wreath using sew on gems, seed beads and a satin ribbon:


To make up my card I used the following:

white CS card base
Christmas theme DP
red/green shiny cord
three wooden (red beads)

I chose not to add a sentiment as I think the sentiment contained in the DP is just perfect for the theme of my card.

THIS IS THE LINK to the challenge over at Jackson's Digital Expressions ... once you are there you will be able to see my fellow DTeamies' creations to inspire you to enter ... there are fabulous prizes to be won!

I look forward to seeing YOUR entry!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN

17 comments:

  1. Stunning project. I love the details. Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create this week Jen.
    Hugs
    Laine
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and lovely colours honey! Great colouring and gorgeous card.
    Thank you so much for joining us for Tammys Scrapin Corner for our "Anything Christmas" challenge. Good luck and hope to see you next week!
    Sharon - DT of Tammys Scrapin Corner xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and the wreath is a perfect addition. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Christmas."
    Karal DT for Tammy's Scrapin Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Christmas card, love the wreath!

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Love to Create Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design and lovely colours, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card and colors Jen. Loz
    Visiting from MIM...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen - Great card and I love the wreath on the door! Super DP too. Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time in our "Christmas" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! LOVE that wreath!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you are so very creative! Just love that little wreath you have created for the door! Just beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us as Digi Darla’s Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful card, love the coloring and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This is really pretty and love the details you've added. It's amazing what we can do with those gel pens, isn't it? Thanks so much for playing along with us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredible, Jen! Love the wreath on the door. So glad you chose to join our "Anything Christmas" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin' Corner this week. Hope to see you playing along next week, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you combined everything. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #9, #12, #30, # 87, # 126, #127, #128, #157, #172, #173 and #176.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous. I saw it on Make it Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWZA, Love this and the extra embellies! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delightful and pretty project. Thanks for joining us at Oozak Challenge and hope to see you again for the next ones :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!