Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, December 27, 2012

HOW DO YOU RELAX AFTER CHRISTMAS?

Well, that's the theme for the challenge over at The Outlawz today.

As I live in South Africa, in the Southern Hemisphere, the best way to relax is to go for an early morning swim, before the sun gets too hot!  And "Morning Swim" is the name of the digi image featured on my card:

The image is by the talented artist Nana Vic, and is available in her store here. I coloured the image using my alcohol markers and did some highlighting with a white gel pen:


The cloudy sky was created by using a colourless blender and a white gel pen.


The cream fancy flatback pearls are from my own stock of Jencrafty Goodies and are available here (sorry - only to South Africans).


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, Jen, this is fabulous--love the design, the colors, the image & wonderful coloring, and your embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is super fabulous!! Makes me want a swim in our hot weather too!! You have coloured this card beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good to me, since we are covered in snow at the moment! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very beautiful card Jen.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous.Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jen your card is lovely!! I was admiring the clouds in the first image trying to work out how you had done it, I should have scrolled down just a bit more and you explained how you did. I am going to give it a go as the results are fantastic. With the weather here, it would be great to take off to the beach to cool down but unfortunately I'm now over 6 hrs from the beach. Thank you for sharing your card and good luck in all the challenges you have entered with it. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jen your card is lovely!! I was admiring the clouds in the first image trying to work out how you had done it, I should have scrolled down just a bit more and you explained how you did. I am going to give it a go as the results are fantastic. With the weather here, it would be great to take off to the beach to cool down but unfortunately I'm now over 6 hrs from the beach. Thank you for sharing your card and good luck in all the challenges you have entered with it. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is stunning! I live in the southern hemisphere too and yes, an early morning swim is a perfect way to start the day, I went for a swim yesterday, but slept in this morning - oops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice card! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a lovely image and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!