Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, April 4, 2014

MAKE IT CRAFTY'S MERMAID

I used a little mermaid  image from Make it crafty and created this card


The image is coloured using alcohol markers, a white gel pen, and has sequins sewn into the hair



On my card I used the following :

turquoise CS base 
checked DP
dark turquoise/teal CS mat
diecut made from a white polystyrene food tray and embellished it with sewn on sequins and beads


There is a circle punched out of the white CS to reveal the  CS mat underneath, and I placed a flower and satin bow in it

silver glittered peel off sentiment that was the word LOVE written on one line, but I cut it n half to make a sentiment block
There is a corner diecut :

I also used pearls in the other corners.

thank for visiting today.

luv'n Huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN





11 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Jen!! I love the colors and the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and a cute image. Thanks for sharing with us at Mema's Crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colors!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4funChallenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and coloring!!! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use your favorite color #4, Dawn DT Member x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card, Jen!
    I wish I knew how to color like this! PERFECT color choice for this mermaid and such an impressive design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. This is gorgeous!! Just wow. :) Thank you so much for joining us at Sister Act. :) -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMAZING. Love the colors, image and how you sewed the sequins to her hair. Genius. Thanks for joining us at scrapping4funchallenges. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog this month, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its a lovely card & a beautiful mermaid ;)
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog
    {{{hugs}}}
    Marg B, DT member ;) xx
    http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/welcome-to-challenge-12-monochrome.html
    http://craftycardsbymarg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!!! Love your card! It is a beauty! Fabulous details, too!

    Thanks for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!