Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, June 13, 2015

A SHADOW BOX PROJECT FOR THE OUTLAWZ


I created this shadow box project for the challenge at The Outlawz today.
It can't actually be called a card as it doesn't fold open like a card, and has no top or side fold, so I suppose it can be called
"anything but a card"

I looked at a couple of tutorials online, saw that they were in inches, so I decided to 'wing' this one, and make it up as I go along.  This is the result:



I used flowers, gems, a diecut and a precoloured background, along with white cardstock, with an embossed front.



I love the outcome, and have decided that this will be one of the projects my workshop ladies will be making on 4 July.

Thanks for popping by today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN, SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter these challenges:






9 comments:

  1. Clever you - winged it well! I might borrow this idea for my ladies next meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the shadowbox. Great with the flowers and the bird.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck and hope to see you again.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing and joining us today at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again next week and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creation and thanks for joining The Paper Shelter.
    Hugs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful, such a great idea making a shadow box. Thank you for sharing this with us over at Crafting with an Attitude. Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely project thank you for joining in our challenge at Scrappers Delight x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project. Thanks for joining in our "Fancy Folds" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous....lovely to see something a bit different......Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar this month & good luck!
    hugs Jo x
    Dt

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!