Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, April 13, 2012

Fabulous Freebie Friday and a Neww Challenge at Sassy Studio Designs

Happy Friday the 13th and welcome to Fabulous Freaky, I mean, Freebie Friday !  As some of us head out the door today we may avoid black cats, ladders, and weirdos in goalie masks, but one thing you don't want to avoid is grabbing another amazing Sassy freebie courtesy of Lindsay!

Today we are sharing "Queen Gorgo".  She is the Spartan Queen from the movie 300.  


I coloured her using my alcohol markers, and as the background I cut out pictures from an ancient art text book that I found at the local dump, in the "to be pulped" paper recycling bin.  What a find!  It's been badly eaten by worms, and really mildewed, but there are many pages that can still be used!  After spraying it with a strong insecticide, the insects are now dead, and my 'found' book has had many pages recycled for my cardmaking projects.

The little 3D embellishment in the bottom left corner is a metal sword charm that I mounted on a small stone oval (yes real stone!)


Our challenge for this fortnight is
"Leather and Lace"

To play along all you need to do is create a project - using any of the SSD images - incorporating fabric or fibre of some kind -  think leather and lace, tassels and tulle, twine and trim...
Be sure to grab your freebie , and we hope you'll play along with this challenge!!

Here are the complete rules:

 You MUST use a Sassy Studio Designs image
  • A bonus entry will be given to anyone who uses either this week's or next week's freebie image
  • You MUST create a project based on the current challenge
  • You have until midnight EDT on April 26th to upload your creation here, under the discussion on PCP
  • You may enter as often as you wish during the two week period
  • The prize is two Sassy Studio Designs images of the winner's choice
Click here to snag your freebie image.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges too:
The Outlawz, Thursday's Twist, 'Use something recycled'
Crafts and Me Challenges, 'We are going 3D"
Divas by Design, #30, 'Charmed I'm sure"
Just Keep on Creating, #1, 'Anything Goes'
Scrapbook Sisters, #79, 'Anything Goes'
Sisterhood of Crafters, "recycle, reuse, renew'

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang'
Durban
South Afrca

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the layering.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a recycled find =) You're much more brave than I am....one look at insects and I'd have left it ;) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Recycle Challenge. You did a fabulous job on this card. I love the 300 Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like the coolest card ever. Awesome job Jen.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA Jen ... you go girl! What a fabulous (though kind of yucky) find and a great idea! Your creation is AMAZING and I love the sword on the stone ... dang you are one clever lady!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘RECYCLE, REUSE, RENEW’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen, your card is fabulous. I love the added embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning what a fab image thanks for playing at Divas hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this card is really lovely with a beautifully coloured main image.The fact that you have incorporated recycled elements is fantastic, it must have been a lot of hard work to get the images to a level where they were usable but it was worth it and looks lovely on your creation.

    Thanks so much for entering your card at Anything goes, Just keep on creating. I hope you will continue to play along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! You rocked this card! thanks for sharing with Scrapbook Sisters challenge this week. Hope to see you again next time,Julie B.x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!