Today we are sharing "Queen Gorgo". She is the Spartan Queen from the movie 300.
I coloured her using my alcohol markers, and as the background I cut out pictures from an ancient art text book that I found at the local dump, in the "to be pulped" paper recycling bin. What a find! It's been badly eaten by worms, and really mildewed, but there are many pages that can still be used! After spraying it with a strong insecticide, the insects are now dead, and my 'found' book has had many pages recycled for my cardmaking projects.
The little 3D embellishment in the bottom left corner is a metal sword charm that I mounted on a small stone oval (yes real stone!)
Our challenge for this fortnight is
"Leather and Lace"
To play along all you need to do is create a project - using any of the SSD images - incorporating fabric or fibre of some kind - think leather and lace, tassels and tulle, twine and trim...
Be sure to grab your freebie , and we hope you'll play along with this challenge!!
Here are the complete rules:
You MUST use a Sassy Studio Designs image
- A bonus entry will be given to anyone who uses either this week's or next week's freebie image
- You MUST create a project based on the current challenge
- You have until midnight EDT on April 26th to upload your creation here, under the discussion on PCP
- You may enter as often as you wish during the two week period
- The prize is two Sassy Studio Designs images of the winner's choice
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges too:
The Outlawz, Thursday's Twist, 'Use something recycled'
Crafts and Me Challenges, 'We are going 3D"
Divas by Design, #30, 'Charmed I'm sure"
Just Keep on Creating, #1, 'Anything Goes'
Scrapbook Sisters, #79, 'Anything Goes'
Sisterhood of Crafters, "recycle, reuse, renew'