Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, April 29, 2012

CDAC'S PROGRESSIVE FREEBIE CHALLENGE #16

One of the freebies offered in Round #16 of CRAFTER'S DIGITAL ART CENTER'S Progressive Freebie Challenges is a gorgeous Camellia in a frame, by the talented artist Arielle of Wax Fruit Company.

Here is my card with the image :


I printed the image onto a page from an old novel that I bought at a second hand book sale, and coloured with alcohol markers and white gel pen highlights.  The torn edges are inked and chalked and a pretty brown organza bow was added as the sole embellie.  The kraft card is actually an old manilla folder that I was going to throw out, but rescued from my paper recycle bin.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges : 

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa

17 comments:

  1. hELLO
    Ilove your card ....so different......fabby work...
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen, this is lovely. I'm partial to stamping over script.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply fabulous!
    I must have missed out on this freebie... I bought mine!
    Superb card, I love the vintage feel.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really gorgeous. M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn,

    This is truly amazing! I love what you did with this image.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen - I like what you did with the image, this is a new favorite for me, great job!!!
    Sandi ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and awesome use of recycled items! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOh, what a clever way to use this digi :)

    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE

    Mandy (CDAC PC DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous Jen, totally stunning, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool idea Jen! Love how you card turned out! ;o)
    Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGE
    ~Ruza CDAC PC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you have printed the image on printed paper - its a great effect.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the Poppy printed on the book

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the way you used the book page as your background paper! Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Arielle's image and the way you've stamped it onto text is very effective. Some great recycling going on too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Jen and I'm definitely going too try to print onto a printed background, it adds a lovely vintage feel to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card. Great idea to print onto text.
    Avril

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunningly beautiful, love it, Gay x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!