Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, November 12, 2011

A NEW CHALLENGE AT "CATCH THE BUG"

Yip, it's Saturday, and time for a new challenge at Catch the Bug, and this week we are asking you to make a pocket card.

The De4sing Team have some wonderful inspiration cards for you, and this is mine :

I used that cute image called "Wee One Angel - side cloud" one of the Wee One Angels available in the Bugaboo Store (remember that at the end of this post I will provide you with all the useful links). She was coloured using Copics, a white gel pen and some Twinkles glitter paint.

And oh my gosh, for the card, I must admit that it was a comedy of errors when it came to making the card, cos I cut, and folded, stuck the bits down, lifted them up again, and what started out as a twisted easel card has ended up as a twisted easel pocket card! LOL - I may just have invented a new fold (wink-wink). But as they say in the classics, "it was alright on the night", and the card doesn't look too bad, don't you think?

This is a close up of the little card:


Here are those useful links that I promised:


If you pop over to the Catch the Bug blog, you'll be in such an exciting place!

You'll be able to link to the Bugaboo store;
There's a link to the challenges;
If it's tutorials you like to view, the link is there too ...

But wait, I'm not going to say any more!
Pop over there by clicking HERE and discover for yourself, and as a thank you, please grab the freebie!
We'd love you to share with us any projects you've made using the Bugaboo images, by linking your posts back to the store and/or the blog. Please respect the Angel Policy by not sharing uncoloured images, but we'd love you to share our links!

luv n huggz
Jen
Durban
South Africa

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges :
Crafty Catz, Challenge #108, "Use a Digital Image"
Fashionista Friday, FF#96, "Try Something New"
Inspire Me Fridays, Challenge #32, "Anything Goes"

4 comments:

  1. Jen--this may not have turned out as you expected--but it certainly cute! Maybe you should do a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Jen, very unique shape. But then again, everything you do is uniquely you!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and thanks for joining CRAFTY CATZ this week

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!