Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, October 4, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE

This week’s sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on he side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC124 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
D'Amour Allure was formed as a result of a love for papercrafting and rubber stamps. Our stamps include vintage styles to character art. Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/.
Check out the awesome MMSC124 Bonus Prize!
 Complete Prize is..
Valentine Collection Stamps Set
4 – 12x12 Sheets of Kaisercraft Valentine Paper Collection
12 Prima Fairytale Roses
What a great prize..thank you so much Jen!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our October Monthly sponsor info....
Due to circumstances beyond my control, there will be no monthly sponsor for Oct.
Thank you for understanding.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is this week's Sketch and my creation:

My image is from Allure D"Amour and I edited it to change the color. It was then printed onto a DP I made myself by scanning some vintage paper. Instead of colouring it, I highlighted it with a white gel pen only, and added some shadows to behind the figures to make them stand out a little more. The stitching is roll on faux stitching from Fabscraps, and the vintage DP is from an ll in one pack from the thrift store. With some careful chalking I got it to look similar in colour to the DP I made. The flourishes were from a RAK a received a very long time ago, and the roses are from my stash.

Thanks for looking, and if you would like to be in the running for one those fabulous prizes, you really need to enter your creation at the Challenge blog./

luv n huggz
jen
Durban, South Africa

2 comments:

  1. totally stunning! I love your vintage, distressed feel!!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. The couple looks wonderful against the backdrop of old newspaper print. The coloring is so pretty. I love the stitching and the flowers and flourishes too!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!