Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, October 14, 2011

FRIDAY MEANS A NEW SET OF RELEASES from A DAY FOR DAISIES

My very favourite style of Tammy's images are her vintage ones ... and today I have used a vintage nursery rhyme illustration for "Mary Mary, ..." do you remember that one?

Mary Mary quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells
And pretty maids all in a row.

I did some research on the origin of the nursery rhyme and it proved to be a very interesting read.  I won't spoil the fun .. go ahead, google it, you;ll be surprised!

Back to my card ... here it is ...

I printed the image on watercolour paper, and then coloured using Copics, and oh boy, that in itself is a challenge.  the paper is SO absorbent, and I had to be really careful not to lay down too much colour so that it soaked beyond the lines of the image.  I did the usual distressing with a Color Box Chalk Inkpad, and added some real vintage lace, a pretty flower, a couple of flat back pearls and a satin ribbon.

This card is also you inspiration for the new challenge "Use your Noodle and add a doodle"  If you look carefully at her dress, you will see that her dress has a border pattern that I doodled in using a grey fine liner pen.

I hope that you are suitably inspired now to enter the new challenge too.




This fabulous set is not the only one in the new releases, the others are equally as precious!

As usual I have a set of useful links for you:

Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on Crafters Digital Art Centre

Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on Paper Craft Planet

Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on The Crafter's Cafe

Or click HERE to go to the A DAY FOR DAISIES STORE.

luv n huggz

Jen

Durban

9 comments:

  1. How pretty. Love that gorgeous flower, and your paper is beautiful! Image is colored so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge. Good Luck! Hugs! Leah Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that would be a challenge using Copics on watercolour paper - you brave girl! It looks fab though!

    The doodle on the dress is WONDERFUL, I thought it was part of the image, too clever - great job doodling!

    Thanks for joining our The Little Miss Muffet - Girly Girl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card ,love the image and how you have coloured it.pretty lace too
    .Thanks for joining us at digi doodle shops best and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. Love your ribbon and lace. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely coloring! Thank you for participating in Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week!
    Liva ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous!! I love the vintage look, and your coloring is divine, as always. Thanks so much for playing with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenge this week!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jen, this is really cute image and I have no idea why, but very emotional for me. You have created so very beautiful card with embellishments you have used.

    I see this full of peace and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful creation.Fabulous colouring too.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card and lovely ribbon and lace.Thankyou for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!