Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, October 21, 2011

GUYLOU'S INIMITABILITY : F-A-L-L RECIPE CHALLENGE

I was invited as a Guest Designer on Guylou's Inimitability Challenge blog for a Fall Recipe Challenge.

Fall is here... at least it is in the Northern Hemisphere! The leaves have changed to wonderful striking colors and the cooler days have returned. In honor of fall, Gina prepared a fun and awesome challenge for us. The challenge is to follow the following F.A.L.L recipe. Your project must have:

• F - Fabric
• A - Amber (color)
• L - Lace
• L - Leaf or leaves
Deadline:
You have until 10:00pm on November 3rd to link your project to the InLinkz at the end of the post at Guylou's Inimitability Challenge Blog. Please make sure your project matches the requirements before you link it. One entry per participant.
Prize:
Guylou is offering a $5.00 gift certificate from her online store. You can enter only one project, but if you use a Guylou's Inimitability digistamp, your project will count for two entries. If you don't have one of her digistamps and your budget is tight; please check her online store where several freebies are available.

Here is the card I made:


Here is how I used the recipe:

F : FABRIC : I used the gold embroidered (on fabric) flower
A : AMBER : The colour amber can be seen in the round gem in the top left corner of my card, as well as in the little amber coloured oak leaf gems
L : LACE : The white picot lace is peeping out behind the black layer on the left hand side of my card.
L : LEAVES : The leaves can be seen in the embroidered flower and the oak leaf flower gems.

I coloured the Guylou's Inimitability image called Farha (available in Guylou's store) using copics, a white gel pen and some glitter and metallic gel pens. The embossing folder is a Cuttlebug one.

This image is my all time favourite one of Guylou's - isn;t she just absolutely the most beautiful?

This card will be given to my friend and bellydancer teacher Gwen, from all the Belly Button Dance Studio dancers who will be performing at the International Oriental Dance Festival in Cape Town next weekend. We leave on Thursday, perform in the Gala Performance on Thursday evening, attend a full day of workshops on Friday, and perform at the Fringe Festival (free to the public) on Saturday and Sunday. In addition we will be dancing to break the World Record for the most bellydancers dancing the same choreography to the same music all at once - in one location. That is so exciting as we have already have double the number of the present world record already signed up! When I get back on Monday I will have some photographs to share - of the costumes that I have been making for the past few months - they are still a secret, but I can share that the costumes the girls are wearing for the Gala Performance are just beautiful. They will be dancing a Bolly/Belly fusion dance to the music/song Jai Ho from Slumdog Millionaire.

I shall also enter this card into The Outlawz Friday Copics Challenge where the theme is Asian, and this project will fall within the them.

luv n huggz
Jen
Durban South Africa

8 comments:

  1. wat een prachtige kaarten heb je gemaakt jen.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jen! I love this image with the choices you made with the fabric and flower...it all works perfeCtly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the colors you used on her clothes. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Jen!! LOVE the rich fall colors and beautiful embossing! So happy to have you guest with us for this challenge! ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really nice! Your coloring is perfect! Everything combines perfect. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jen, love the colors, and that gorgeous embossing is perfect with this image.
    Hugs~Bren

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card. Love how you colored the image and the embossing is perfect. I am sure your instructor will love it! Good luck with the world record, too. That is awesome. I signed up for a belly dancing workout class starting in January. No way I can move like I am sure you and the other ladies in your group do, but I figured it'd be fun. Thanks for playing along with us at Guylou's!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!