Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, September 6, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE #120



There is a HUGE GIVE AWAY coming!!!
Not only to the Midnight Madness blog but to CDAC too..It will be here in just a few days!! You don't want to miss out on any of these prizes, so get a head start and make sure you are a member of CDAC and a public follower of this blog. Here is a sneak peak at just ONE of the items you could have a chance at winning!!! WOO HOOO!!!
While you are over at CDAC, why not join one of the CDAC SWAPS 
They were just posted, so come check out all the fun and beautiful projects.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sadly, this week is Phyllis last week with the Midnight Madness Design team. Thank you Phyllis for all you have done over the last two years. You have played such an important role with this blog and the Midnight Madness Challenges. Thank you for always being the first to welcome brand new players to our challenge and of course calculating all the votes each week for the Gold Star and Remarkables Winners. Have fun with your next chapter in craft land. I will be stopping in to see those lovely flower cards you make :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have a new DT member joining the team this week. Gloria, we are thrilled you have joined us and are looking forward to getting to know you better. Please help me give her a warm welcome to the MM Team.
Gloria Sauve
I was nicknamed “Globug” about 30 years ago and it stuck! Hence, the name of my blog, Globug Ideas. I was born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, where I still live with my wonderful husband, Peter. My mom, two awesome kids and three amazing teenaged grandchildren complete my little family. I am a communications consultant, but lately, I am spending less and less time consulting and more and more time making cards! The day I discovered digital stamps was my very LUCKY day! I love everything about digital stamps! I am truly thrilled to be part of the MMSC Design Team! I love a good challenge and MMSC offers just that! Okay, so with the all that out of the way, let’s get to work on our masterpieces!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week’s sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following weeks sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC120 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is..
https://doodlepantry.com/
I am simply thrilled and so thankful to be able to sponsor The Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!  Doodle Pantry has a wide variety of whimsical characters as well as realistic scenery, floral images, scriptures and a small selection of digitally pre-colored images.  My digital doodles have a special place in my life, and I enjoy the opportunity to share them with everyone at affordable prices. Laurie
MMSC120 Prize Description
SU 2011 Pretties Kit
SU 6x6 In-color SA 2011 Patterned paper pack
SU Crochet red/pink/white fleurettes
SU 1-1/4" red/white stripe grosgrain ribbon
SU Card and sticker kit (from SU clearance order)
3/8" round pearls package
5" tall mini wooden easle
    Thank you so much for your wonderful prize Laurie!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our September Monthly sponsor is....
    http://priscillastyles-store.blogspot.com/ 
    The Sept Monthly Bonus winner will win a "Surprise Gift Package" FILLED with stamps, craft supplies, papers, tools, embellishments as well as some digi downloads and specialty items.
    Surprise Craft Gift package worth well over $100
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here is this week's Sketch and my creation using a Doodle Pantry image:



    I coloured the image using Copics and added some highlights using a white gel pen. The embellishments are some sunflowers which I feel compliment the image perfectly and the background papers are autumnal colours, just right for the colour scheme of the card! The swirls are sewn on gold-coloured beads, and the stickers complete the creation.

    Scroll back up and have another look at one of the prizes you could win, just by entering, and then scroll back up to have ANOTHER look at that BIG prize ... (you need to become a follower of the MMSC blog for that.

    Now that you know what you have to do, why are you waiting?

    luv n huggz from a delightfully warm South Africa in early spring ....
    Jen

    5 comments:

    1. fabulous card jen beautiful made.

      greetings karin

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is a show stopper, Jen. Absolutely gorgeous.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow, this is stunning Jen! Love the image and your design is awesome!
      Hugs,
      Marsha

      ReplyDelete
    4. Stunning card. Love the cluster of sunflowers, pearls, etc.

      ReplyDelete

    I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!