Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, September 7, 2011

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY CHALLENGE : THE COLOURS OF FALL

In the Southern Hemisphere Spring is just around the corner, but those of you living in the Northern Hemisphere are experiencing the beautiful COLOURS OF FALL ... so that's what our challenge is all about ...


The COLOURS OF FALL - and we'd like you use the colours of fall for your creation that doesn't necessarily need to be Fall-themed.

And this is the card I created for your inspiration :


The colours of Fall are also the colours of Africa, my continent, and so I created a card with a very African theme. There are two images from the Digistamps 4 Joy store used here, and I created a single file line of ladies, as can often be seen in the rural parts of Africa, when the ladies go down to the river to collect water and firewood.

The card is coloured using Copics and the highlights are made using a white gel pen. It does look as if the images are clear heat embossed, but this is not so. My embellishment is a guinea fowl feather and a raffia bow.

One random winner will be chosen (random.org) to win 3 images of choice from the store.

We will then have a DT's choice award. This award will go to the card / project that we vote to be our favourite (and must be a digistamps4joy image). This winner will receive a $6 gift voucher to spend in the store. We hope that there will be an entry (or two) using a Digistamps 4 Joy image, as there wasn't one in the previous challenge.

You do not need to use a Digistamps4Joy image to win, but we’d love it if you do!
We will choose 2 runners-up who we feel deserve a spot in the top 3.

Here are some handy links for you:

Head on over to the challenge blog by clicking HERE to see the other fabulous creations by the Digistamps 4 Joy Design Team, and for more information on the challenge.

You stand the chance of winning images just by entering your project.
Click HERE to go to the DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY STORE to do your shopping (there may even be a freebie there for you to snag!)

I will also enter this card into the Friday's Copics Challenge at The Outlawz where the challenge is to used feathers.

4 comments:

  1. Jen - Wow, awesome inspiration card, and gorgeous photo too!
    ♥ Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, I absolutely LOVE what you have done with my African ladies!!! How clever to line them up ... going to have to 'lift' that idea from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Word.....this is fabulous! YOur coloring and accent with the gel pen are exceptional. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love this card Jen! You did such an incredible job of the coloring on those images...and your feather and raffia bow are the perfect accents as they add to the card without taking away from the images.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!