Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, March 15, 2015

A PAPER PIECED BACKGROUND ON A SPRING THEMED CARD

The Saturday challenge at The Outlawz was to make a paper pieced background, and this is my entry:


To create my background, I printed some striped digital paper and cut it into squares.  The edges were inked and then I pasted them onto back dp.  A white gel pen was used to make the faux stitching.


The black birds on a branch is a diecut.

I also used black ribbon and a metal treble clef charm.


Thanks for visiting me today.

luv'n huggz
JEN LEEFLANG
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to enter the following challenges:



9 comments:

  1. I am CASing this, definitely! LOVE IT! It fits the current challenge at Unstampabelles too - what a pity you are on our DT!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you for taking part in our JIC challenge,
    I very much enjoyed looking at your card and all
    the time and detail you put into it, good luck hugs tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen,
    I love the bright colors of this card!
    Thanks for joining us at Just Inspirational Challenge!
    Hugs
    Sandra (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this beautiful background! Great idea & design! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede for the weekly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic bright, vibrant card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Creative Knockouts
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colors. Thank you for joining us this week for our Stitching Challenge at QKR Stampede. Karal DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply wonderful! I love this project and the colors you've used. Fabulous idea and details. Thanks for sharing your art work with us at Card Mania Challendges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! Thanks for joining in Card Mania Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really clever background - the black really makes the squares 'pop'.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!