Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, September 6, 2010

WHAT IS TYPOGRAPHY


.............. No this is not a geography lesson, nor has it got anything to do with those typo's we all make!

Typography is the art and technique of arranging type, type design, and modifying type glyphs. Type glyphs are created and modified using a variety of illustration techniques. The arrangement of type involves the selection of typefaces, point size, line length, leading (line spacing), adjusting the spaces between groups of letters (tracking) and adjusting the space between pairs of letters (kerning).

For this week's Vickie Quickie Challenge I printed the topography owl and coloured the words "leaf" and "trunk" in my gel pens, cut out the image and layered on a die cut oval. The BP is rubber-stamped with a Versamark Watermark Stamp Pad ,and white embossing powder was heat set onto that. The embellishments were kept to a minimum as the image and BP are so busy, so I used only a glass pebble with the word "Believe" etched in black. The green border is vellum layered onto black cardstock.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jen that is total awesome. I like how you followed through with more font and embossed the background paper. I bet this is much more dramatic in real life. I adore the colours that you've used. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing and so interesting to look at

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!