Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, September 12, 2010

DOODLE PANTRY GDT CARD - CALLA LILY


Today I'd like to show you a card I made with another of Laurie's beautiful flower images, the Calla Lily, or otherwise known as the Strelitzia in Southern Africa. It is available in her digistamps online store here along with other beautiful flowers. The sentiment is also from her online shop and I think fits perfectly with the feeling of serenity this beautiful flower has. The lines of the card are simple and clean, to echo the lines of the flower, and as embellishment I used two miniture flowers, and some gold cord. As one of Laurie's two Guest Design Team members for September, I get to showcase her beautiful designs, and I hope that I have done justice to this one. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment below.

14 comments:

  1. Jen, that's beautiful! I love the embellishments, the verse, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen! This is so beautiful, perfect embellishment flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSA! This is gorgeous Jen!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful work Jen. Just love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jen! Fabulous coloring and embellishing. I love the Calla Lily also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen, this is just beautiful! Wow! I totally love the verse with this beautiful image. Then the little Calla Lillies. Wow!!! Just stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thanks everyone for your overwhelming response. I agree that the verse and the digi are just SO perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Jen!! I love the Kraft and white together, and the flowers are perfect with that image!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your card is stunning Jen! I love how you added the calla lilies as embellishments. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo beautiful! Love the white and the layering and the extra accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning. Your really did a fabulous job on your design. The flower embellishment is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jen this is just STUNNING!!! The flowers are beautiful, love your whole design!!!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!