Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, September 1, 2010

BRAND NEW SEASON : BRAND NEW ANNOUNCEMENT!


Well, the day and the hour has finally arrived and I can proudly announce that I am a member of Digistamps4Joy’s very first Design Team. A couple of months ago, when Mel asked me to design some images to be used as digistamps, I wondered whether I had lost my “eye” for drawing, and the first drawings were a bit of a stretch for me. Then my mojo came back, and the drawings were all in my head, waiting to flow out of my pencil, to the point where Mel now still has quite a few drawings to prepare and add to the “shelves”. And so the shop started to fill up, and Mel now has not only my designs but her own fabulous ones, and the creations of two other talented artists, Margie and Laura. The result is a shop filled with an AbFab selection of digistamps – and what a joy it is to see those images being used as stunning creations.
Back to the Design Team announcement – Mel, I am sure I speak on behalf of my fellow DT members… you are a pleasure to work with and for, and each of the forthcoming challenges are going to be such fun! I am really looking forward to these next few months!
I would like to congratulate my fellow DT members who, I am sure, would like you to visit their blogs to leave a message to congratulate them too: These fabulous ladies are:
Jen (South Africa) http://jencraftsa.blogspot.com
Debbie (South Africa) http://dkhdesigns.blogspot.com
Margy (South Africa) http://deniquecrafts.blogspot.com
Louise (New Zealand) http://www.punknscrap.com
Audrey (United States) http://hippieaud.blogspot.com
Gemma (United Kingdom) http://handmadebygem.blogspot.com
And then our Guest Designer for September Jen (no not me) http://jenmcgee46.blogspot.com
Aren’t we just such an international bunch? And to celebrate the announcement of the first Design Team, and the first of Spring here in South Africa, Mel has used the fabulous colours of Spring in an Interior Decorating photograph as her inspiration for the colour challenge, and my card for you uses the Digistamps4Joy’s “Primavera” freebie for September. You can link here to the Digistamps4Joy Challenge Blog to check out the creations of the rest of the DT and to read about how you can enter … YOU could be the winner of that fabulous prize!
Good Luck - I can’t wait to see your creations.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making the DT. Look forward to having you on the team.
    What a fitting project for the first day of Spring in Sunny SA.
    I can't wait to create with Primavera Spring Fairy. (She will be free to members on the website).
    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to everyone. We look forward to seeing what creations you come up with. Wishing you all the very best with this new initiative. I have no doubt that you will be hugely successful. hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jen! I look forward to working with you on the DT. Lovely card! Have a great day! Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Jen, your card is so lovely and full of spring colours. I am in the Netherlands at the moment and the sun is shining today, so proud of our SA digisite and our SA stampers. Good luck with your future creations. warm wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful creation Jen! I look forward to working with you :) Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, SO THRILLED to be working with you. I LOVE this creation you made - the sparkles are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!