Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, September 5, 2010

DOODLE PANTRY : NEW CHALLENGES : NEW DESIGN TEAM!


Well, the long awaited day and hour have arrived …. The new challenge on the Doodle Pantry Challenge Blog …. Clearly Delightful!!!!
Laurie has been really busy designing some wonderful images for us all and you will be able so see them in the shop.
As you know, I have the honour of being one of the two Guest Designers for Doodle Pantry this month, and to work alongside the very talented and creative Doodle Pantry Design Team. My card for this challenge features the images related to Breast Cancer Awareness Month and of course the colour theme of my card just had to be pink! I chose to make a tri-fold card because the technique really lends itself to lots of space for awesome BP’s, images, sentiments, embellishments, etc, - a perfect showcase for Laurie’s cute digistamps. The image of the birdie with the ribbon was coloured in watercolour pencils and Artists’ White Spirits (and I have found that although the Dala is not quite odorless, it does seem to work a little better with the Raffine’ and Renoir watercolour pencils I use.
An while you’re looking at my card, spare a thought for those affected by this dreaded disease – and for those of you in the Southern Hemisphere facing the very hot summer months – remember “Slip, slap, slop” – slip on a t-shirt, slap on a hat, and slop on some sunscreen – that sun is lethal!
And remember to visit the Doodle Pantry shop to purchase some of her images – we all have someone that that would love to receive a card with a Doodle Pantry image!

8 comments:

  1. WOW this is a great trifold card , sweet colors love it hugs christa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trifold card is gorgeous! Beautiful colouring on the birdie. Your card totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous! The recipient of this card is sure to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Tri-fold! perfect accents in all the different places and lovely coloring. Wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Those cards always amaze me. What a great way to use more than one thing from the set. Thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is absolutely amazing! I definitely need to copy this idea! Thanks for sharing your stunning creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card!

    I would love to find a tutorial or Video on this style...if you have one! Please share!

    Thanks Jen! :)

    Lisa

    PS: Congrats on your new role at a Guest Designer for Doodle Pantry -- They are very luck to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, I love this! I have never tried one of these cards but you have inspired me! This will be a great pick-me-up card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!