Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A NEW CHALLENGE AT DIGISTAMPS4JOY


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we have all been affected by this terrible disease, either personally, or someone near and dear to us. So in support, Digistamps4Joy has decided to Think Pink for this challenge.
For my DT card I have used a digistamp I designed myself, one of a set of two, and they are available as a FREEBIE at the Digistamps4Joy challenge Blog. Included in the set is a couple of sentiments that can be used with the digistamps, and I have used “think pink”. The layout of my card is very simple, with the digistamps coloured in soft pinks using copics, watercolour and regular coloured pencils, and set in a simple oval shape. I have embellished the card with a couple of roses and stamens and added some sparkle to the bra.
I didn’t want to overwork the card, in sympathy for the seriousness of the cause, and I think I have achieved that.
Why don’t you join in the challenge and show some support for Breast Cancer Awareness. Make a card, and if you don’t have anyone to give it to, drop it off at your local Cancer Association where they will gladly use it at their next fundraising function. But before you do, remember to photograph it, and upload it to the Digistamps4Joy Challenge Blog…. You could win some great digistamps of your choice just by doing so!

5 comments:

  1. I think this is a lovely card Jen. Your image is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, this image is so nice! Think you should send it to the Cancer Society - very mod, with it. Let me not forget the card ... lovely, and your creative editing adds to the whole effect too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jen! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jen. I love how you combined the image with the sentiment and the bling is great! The flower arrangement is beautiful.
    Love Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect! Love the colours and the simplicity of plain paper. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!