Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, September 1, 2010

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE #69


Yes it's that time of the week again and this challenge is one of my favourites! This week I have used one of my own design digistamps again, and this one is called "Daisy Dee" available from Digistamps4Joy (see the link thru tab on the right hand side here. This digi was fun to colour and just perfect for the circular shade that the sketch called for. As usual, there is some beading on my project as I just can't seem to separate my two passions!
A = art .... the digistamp is one that I drew myself
B = bellydancing .... the beads i used for the costumes are used on my cards too
C = crafts, cards, combining beading embroidery and papercraft projects
Yip ... that's jen's signature

Oh and look, I learnt how to "watermark" and edit my photographs ... so I am feeling particularly chuffed with myself today!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jen...this is just so fun!! love this image and those flower accents are just the perfect touch...great bright colors too!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness sketch challenge! Hugs!!

    Connie M.
    MMDT-GD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jen - this is fabulous! I love that image - gorgeous hair!! Love the beading and you doily - this is a great take on the sketch! Love this! We are glad you joined us this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is so unique and intriguing with your fabulous image and wonderful beads. The color combination is dynamite together and one I wouldn't have thought to use-but you use it well! Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol
    Midnight Madness Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous image! Very stunning with your colors and those gorgeous embellishments, just perfect for the sketch! Thanks for joining us for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week and hope you will come back and play again next week!
    Hugs,
    Marsha
    MMDT-GD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stamp and card! Love the color combo and design

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks everyone for your fabulous comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen!
    This is so cool! Love the image adn all the flowers in her hair - so hippie ;o) Great colors and great take on the sketch!

    Thanks for joining Midnight Madess Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

    Hugs
    Gunn
    MMSCDT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jen! What a cute card. Your dp is perfect with your fun and creative image. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
    Denise
    MMDT

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!