Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, September 20, 2010

and now for a bit more of the BELLYDANCING COSTUMES ...


I recently started a bellydancing outfit for my very good friend and owner of the BELLYBUTTON DANCE STUDIO in Durban. The bra and skirt are finished and Gwen wore them yesterday at the Stables Lifestyle Market in Durban, South Africa, where our bellyrinas danced to entertain the visitors. Although the belt is not finished (or should I say, not started yet) Gwen looked absolutely fabulous in the red and black combination. I am really pleased at the finished look of the bra with the longer fringing, and the printed chiffon of the skirt makes a lovely change - so often bellyrinas wear satin skirts. I would love to know what you think. Please leave a comment - I think Gwen wold love to read them too....

5 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous!!! you are talented JEN :)) great job! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jen, gorgeous costume! I know when Pattie made her ballroom dancing costumes, there was so much work she put into them, and the outcome was spectacular.
    That is a good color for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful dress, she looks great! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    http://www.metrobloggen.se/paltbarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Moly ... this is AMAZING!! How talented are you!! WOWSA!! Fantastic work my friend and Gwen looks AWESOME! Well done ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. O My Gosh Jen, this is absolutly gorgeous! The beading and stones on the bra are stunning. I tok up Belly Dancing years ago. Do you do Belly Dancing?

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!