Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, August 25, 2011

PRESENTS! at Shelly's Images ...

This week we are sharing presents at Shelly's Images blog!

Well, not real presents, but our creations using Shelly's image 'PRESENTS".


Here is my creation :


I paper pieced the image, by printing it first onto that fabulous textured metallic pearl paper, and then onto shiny blue paper. Both images were shaded using Copics, and then I careful cut out the blue ribbon and pasted it onto the pearl image. The image was matted onto a pale blue striped die cut shape (using a Nellie's Choice Multiframe Die). For the lace panel, I used a piece of my latest 'discovery" - glass security tape (the type you stick on big plate glass windows to warn people not to walk right through them!) I found this roll at one of my local stores and was so excited to see that it was pretty and lacy, and if stuck onto a piece of dark colour cardstock, looked JUSY like real lace, but much easier to use! The three flatback gems are my only embellies!

To check out this and many other fabulous images in Shelly's store, click HERE
To join Shelly's group on CDAC, click HERE
To visit Shelly's blog where you can find lots of new techniques, and view the fabulous inspiration of my fellow D-Teamies, click HERE

Luv n huggz
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing project. And in true "Jen style" so many fun details to see. I love the transparent tape. It is so fun to find new stuff to use. And I absolutely love the embossing on the packages. WOW!

    Thanks so much for posting such an amazing project this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!