Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, August 6, 2011

A NEW BELLY DANCE COSTUME FOR MY FRIEND NICKY

This is a new bellydance costume for my friend Nicky in Port Elizabeth. It consists of a lemon yellow taffeta full circle skirt, a lemon yellow and silver beaded bra, and a beaded yashmak on a sparkly silver headband.

She will wear it at a function for South Africa's Women's Day that will be held on Thursday, 11 August, where she will perform for the audience.


This is a close up of the bra (taken while it was still being made) to show the actual colour:


and this is to show the whole bra (also still under construction)before the dangly bits were added:


Nicky hasn't seen the outfit yet, as she lives about 700km away, and the parcel of the completed outfit is on its way to her by overnight courier. She will have to wait till it arrives before she gets to see the whole completed outfit.

Nicky and I have never met, and the outfits I make for her are purely on measurements she provides. We have spoken on the phone, and I will finally get to meet her at the International Oriental Dance Festival in Cape Town in October.

luv n huggz
Jen

1 comment:

  1. Jen, you always amaze me, this is just so beautiful, she's going to love it.

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!