Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, August 30, 2011

and another announcement ........... ta-daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!


WOOOO HOOOOO!!! As from today, together with Tammy Miller, I am one of the two DT Leads for the Progressive Freebie Challenges on Crafters Digital Art Centre!


I am pleased to introduce you to my half of the team, and in no particular order, they will introduce themselves to you :

My name is Ruza Rebel. I was born and raised in Chicago, IL. My loving husband, Nick, and I will be celebrating our 27th anniversary this year and we are the proud parents of two awesome young adults. We migrated to the Northern Suburb of Round Lake Beach, IL 16-yrs ago. I’ve been crafting in one form or another since I was a child. When I was laid off in August 2-yrs ago I started making cards for family birthdays, anniversaries, etc., as a way to stay busy while my daughter was at school. After attending the 2010 CHA Super Show in Chicago I really got into making my own cards. I saw all of the amazing designs on display and I knew I could do this, and do it well. I created my blog “Ruza’s Craft Corner” in November 2010 to share my designs. I really enjoy the versatility of digital stamps. I prefer clean and simple designs, but have been known to go a little crazy a times. Coloring the images with Copic Markers, Color Pencils, Watercolor Pencils, or Distress Inks is very calming and soothing for me. I am honored that I was chosen to be a part of the CDAC Progressive Challenge Design Team, and look forward to seeing all of your designs. My blog

Hey all! My name is Shelby. I'm from the US and currently living in the beautiful mountain state of Colorado with my family though I'm a born and raised Midwesterner flatlander. I started crafting in April '10 when I saw an infomercial for an electronic cutting machine. I thought now that could be something that keeps me out of the cookie jar! I then discovered stamps but didn't understand how all the pretty colors got into the images. Then I read about Copics and picked up my first Copic in August of 2010. I just recently discovered the whole new wonderful, creative and amazing world of digital art! I started blogging in June of this year (2011) after getting up enough courage to place my work into the public view. Copics is what I'm truly passionate about, and if the image has some space to color, I'm coloring it! I'm so honored to be part of CDAC's progressive challenge team and look forward to learning even more skills, and hopefully I can inspire some of you on this journey. My blog


Hi, my name is Donna Moore and I am from the US and live in the Piedmont area of NC. We have a small farmwhere I have 3 horses and an adorable Lab mix named Abby. I have been married for over 40 years, have two grown children and two very amazing grandsons. Crafting has always been a part of my life but most recently card making has become my passion! Stampin’ Up! was instrumental in guiding my path in the card making direction, when I was first introduced to stamping I feel in love and immediately began to build my inventory!From inked stamps I took the leap into digital and found a whole new world that could be just as much fun as ink stamping with a whole lot more diversification. I love utilizing the layering capabilities on my computer to bring life to a digital image as well as digital paper piecing. Making my own background paper is also a great freedom of expression, this allows my backgrounds to enhance the image and make it "pop"! Although nature and faith images are my favorites, using all types of images helps me to break away from my comfort zone and test my creativity. Digital designing is for me a wonderful creative release where the imagination is your only limitation! My Blog


Hi! My name is Kim and I am from the US...currently residing in the hot state of AZ! I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. Always coloring, cutting or pasting something for gifts for family members. I got into scrapping after my daughter was born and then have completely become obsessed! I color mostly with Copics or Prisma Markers but do like to shake it up a bit here and there with embossing (both heat and dry). I would have to say that I like all types of images...depends on my mood and the type of project I am making. I am also one of the type crafter that likes to try the latest tools, sometime to my wallet’s detriment! My Blog

You only have a couple more days to enter the first phase of the CDAC Progressive Challenge, so hurry on over and enter today!!! The fabulous GRAND PRIZE could be yours :)

Remember, to win the GRAND PRIZE you must play ALL 6 challenges to be entered into the drawing. The second challenge begins on September 1st and last for two weeks. Please be sure to read all the directions for entering these challenges.

I am extremely proud to be leading this fabulous team of talented ladies, and with my co-lead, Tammy.

The second round of the Progressive Freebie Challenge starts on Thursday, and I am really looking forward to what you create!

luv n huggz
Jen

4 comments:

  1. That's so exciting! Congrats, again! Busy, busy you!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jen!!!, Congratulations. you are being kept out mischief. It is so nice to see one of our own SA ladies in the top of some of our teams. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jen, that is fantastic news, can't wait to see all you design. Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping in to say hi, and Welcome back,

    Hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!