Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 12, 2011

PATTIES CREATIONS DESIGN CHALLENGE #28 : ANIMALS OR INSECTS

It's time for another challenge at Pattie's Creations Design Blog, and this time your creation needs to feature an animal or insect.



I chose the gorgeous butterfly image from Pattie's Etsy store to work with, and used one of my favourite sentiments (created in Word Art).


To create my card I tilted the image slightly and then printed the image on bright yellow cardstock. Copics was my medium of colouring and I added a little gliter glue for some added bling.

Two offcuts of co-ordinating designer paper were added for layering, and three acrylic flower-shaped rhinestones served as the embellishments.

Pattie has some fabulous images in her store, depicting animals or insects, so it should be too difficult to find one just perfect for your creation!

JUST REMEMBER, if you use an image from Pattie's Creations, you will get an extra entry to win!

Stop over at her Etsy Store and browse around. There are FREEBIES too.

Here are some useful links :

To enter This challenge ... click HERE
To go to Pattie's Store .... click HERE
To join the Pattie's Creations group on CDAC ... click HERE

luv n huggz
Jen


4 comments:

  1. Oooohw what a lovely card, such warm colours, love butterflies!

    hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. hele mooie kaarten heb je gemaakt jen.
    prachtige kleuren en images.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, This is so pretty! I love those warm colors and the way you colored my butterfly image.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - I love this card, it focuses on the image which is beautifully colored. Keeping embellies to a minimum is what I like a lot with this card, it's not overdone!
    Hope you are feeling better too!
    ♥ Sandi
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!