Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, April 25, 2011

MARVELLOUS MONDAY AT SHELLY'S IMAGES!

Does anybody remember that fabulous old movie from about 45 years back, called "Ring of Bright Water"? I remember watching it at movie night, on a Friday night at my old primary school, Penzance Primary,in Glenwood, Durban. An movie projector was hired for the occasion, and the movie, which came on two or three reels, stored in those circular metal tins, were housed in a leather type suitcase with the leather belts an buckles. What a thrill it was to be able to go to school, NOT WEARING A SCHOOL UNIFORM, and also AT NIGHT!. Those were the innocent pre-boyfriend days, and the best thing about the evening was to prowl along the dark corridors, scaring each other!

Oh dear here I am, waffling on about the movies, when I actually wanted to show you my new card, featuring an otter image from Shelly's images, where I am on the Design Team. And that otter image is what reminded me of that old movie!



So now we have gone full circle, let me tell you how I put my card together : I coloured the otter image using coloured pencil and OMS. I used a picture of the cover of the book, "A Ring of Bright Water" and make a book embellishment out of it, The image was matted onto a page torn out of an old dictionary too young to be valuable and too old to be useful for its intended purpose. The page I tore out contains the word "otter' and over that I stuck a dome sticker to highlight the word.
decorative corners were added to a diecut onto which the image and dictionary page were matted.

And that, as Jack said, is that!

Now the otter image could never be called cute, nor, in my opinion is an otter pretty or beautiful, but this particular image brought back a ton of memories for me, of my old school, and how special movie nights were (TV came to South Africa only about 7 years later).

Thanks Shelly! I walked down memory lane whilst making my card - memories of the movie nights led to many more memories,related to each other only by the fact that they were from my youth, and my happy schooldays spent at Penzance Primary School. So that image now holds a special place in my heart because of those wonderful memories!

Here are some links you may find useful:

To check out this otter and many other fabulous images in Shelly's store, click HERE
To join Shelly's group on CDAC, click HERE
To visit Shelly's blog where you can find lots of new techniques, and view the fabulous inspiration of my fellow D-Teamies, click HERE

I'll be back with another post, and another card, tomorrow!

luv n huggz from a stormy night in Durban, South Africa
Jen

2 comments:

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!