Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, April 8, 2011

FRIDAY - A DAY FOR DAISIES NEW RELEASE DAY!

I love Fridays, as I said in a previous post - the start of the weekend, and also the day I get to give you a look at the new releases at A DAY FOR DAISIES :





I decided to make one of my "story cards" this week as I felt the image I used really begged for a wedding theme ...



Where do I begin to tell you what I did to create this card ..

I coloured the fabulous image using Copics. The lace border was created using a border die, and ribbon and silver cord were threaded through the holes. The bridal bouquet of roses and lilies was made using flowers from my stash. The little crystal and pearl embellishment I made from scratch, and the top border was a ready-made stick on, onto which I sewed the sequins and beads.

I love making this type of card, even though it is time-consuming, and the finished product is like a glimpse into another world.

Here are a few useful links for you ...

Click here to join A day for Daisies on CDAC
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on PCP
Click here to join A Day for Daisies on SSC
Click HERE for The Outlawz challenges

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card, gosh there are so many occasions to use these stamps, thank you for sharing.

    :) Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow jen what a gorgeous card.
    beautiful details and design.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!