Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A NEW RELEASE OF MERMAIDS AT BUGABOO STAMPS

As it's Tuesday today, I get to share with you the card I made with one of the new mermaids being released at Bugaboo Stamps today. Her name is AKV Mermaid 7 and she is in the Bugaboo store HERE.


I printed the image onto sugar paper (in the US it is called construction paper) and the colouring is watercolour pencils.  I added some gems as embellishments, a stick on sentiment "Celebrate" and a Cuttlebug diecut of a pretty shell.  I have matted the sugar paper in white CS and then red CS, so in effect, here are 4 layers on this card, and 5 if you count the shell and the sentiment as another layer.  I know this is somewhat of a different style of card for me, but I started out using coloured pencils for colouring my images, and still love the effect of the light coloured pencils on a dark background.  I think it works for this image, and it looks like it is a 'night shot' and as if the mermaid is glowing in the moonlight.  What do you think?

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
 
GINGERLOFT, #GL40, ‘UNDER THE SEA’ (well part of the image is…)

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa



11 comments:

  1. Such a fun imag
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.
    e and great card.Love the mono colours..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet card!

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet, I love the sweet and happy image, sure to put a smile on someones face. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Love your colors and image.
    Thanks for joining Gingerloft Challenge.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice design thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the coolness!!! This looks so different and fun and vibrant and wonderful. Excellent work here. :)

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jan - this is so adorable! I love this image and the layers - gorgeous and perfect for this challenge...thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
    Linda SSIC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card. Thanks for sharing this with us at PanPastel UK this week.
    hugs brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous creation! Thank you so much for sharing it with Robyn's Fetish this week! xx Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute!! Love your coloring! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!