Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Saturday, May 26, 2012

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY - NEW RELEASE SUNDAY

We released a lot of new images at the Digistamps 4 Joy store last Sunday, and have done so again this week.  Quite a few of my latest "cutie pies" and some of my older drawings are now digitized and available - I am so sorry that some of you have had to wait so long for them to be available as digi's - but here they are ... (and I am sure there will be more NEXT week).

To introduce the new releases, I have made a card with "Prom Girl" and when you take a closer look at the image - she could be a bride, or a maid of honour, or even a young lady celebrating a special birthday...


I coloured her using alcohol markers and highlighted with a white gel pen.  I often get asked whether I colour then find the DP or vice versa.  I am a little 'weird' I think because I don't see images as black and white line drawings ... I usually see the finished project.  For instance, for Prom Girl I saw swirls, flourishes, gems and flowers with BRIGHT colours and BIG contrasts.  SO I rummaged around in my scraps box and found this paper that happened to be the flip side of the DP I used for Volleyball Val (the red background with white leaves) and knew that this ticked the boxes for gems, flowers, and big bright contrasting flowers.  So this one was coloured according the the DP.  Sometimes I see the finished project in specific colours and then colour the image first, and look for the DP and embellies later.  SO to answer that question of what comes first ... I suppose the answer is "Whatever the image tells me"  ... I told you I was weird!

Anyhow, this little Prom Girl decided she liked flowers and swirls, and that's what she got, along with the bright contrasting colours, and the stripes were a bonus!  She has such a pretty little face (thanks Margy for your awesome digitizing - she looks really sweet!)
So pop on to the blog HERE to have a look at all the new images or to the store HERE to check out ALL the awesome images available.

BTW : Punkette Pam is also one of the new images:

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous bothe of them

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is amazing, and your papers are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really a beauty! I love, love love your coloring! Our Fat Pages and ATC challenges are running for one week only this challenge.
    We will be back to every two weeks at the June 1st challenge. And we have Top 3 now, too! So glad you entered our challenge with your fab art work.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. the green is almost neon love that thanks for joining us at Di's Digi's hugs Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!