Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, May 10, 2012

TERRIFICALLY THRILLING THURSDAY AT SHELLY'S IMAGES!


Happy Thursday Everyone and welcome back to another fun challenge at Shelly's Images!

Today's a HAPPY DAY ... and come to think of it ... that happens to be our theme for today's challenge!!

"C'mon, Let's get HAPPY!"
(Use something that makes YOU HAPPY!)

The possibilities are ENDLESS and we can't wait to see your creations!  I'm sure what you will share with us today will make US happy too!
 

Our FEATURED image today is "Carousel" and can be purchased TODAY ONLY at a REDUCED PRICE!!  Click on the image name below the watermarked photo to go directly to it's location in our new store!  (Have you registered at the new store?  Hurry ... there are perks for doing that!)
I had such fun with this image and I used what makes me HAPPY - can you guess what it is?
 I printed the image, coloured with alcohol markers and added some yummy glitter to the mane and tail.
Teeny tiny nail art gems were added to the saddle blanket and bridle.
After fussing cutting out the image I mounted it onto a card into which I cut a frame using a die (this is a curly one but there is no reason why it couldn't just be a square or a circle)  Some gold coloured rhinestones where added to the corners, and there you have it - the front of the card was done!
As the inside of the card is visible through the frame, I embossed a piece of high gloss metallic gold cardstock using a folder with the same diamond shapes as the saddle blanket.

Simple enough to do but really effective - and the glitter, gold and bling add the WOW factor!

Speaking of glitter, gold and bling did you guess what makes me HAPPY!?
Yip - you guessed it - I'm a glitter, gold and bling girl!

Now it's YOUR turn!  We hope you will share your creations and happiness here with us at Shelly's Images.  Please remember we have a FIVE entry limit and you have until noon on Wednesday, May 16th to enter your creation(s).  Have FUN and BE HAPPY!
Link up to the challenge HERE
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban
South Africa 

I would like to add this card to the following challenge:

7 comments:

  1. Wow this card is stunning and the image has been coloured so beautifully Jen, well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, LOVE this Jen. It is so sparkly and magical, just as a carousel horse should be. And I love the frame behind the image. It all truly comes together so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that embossing! thanks for joining us at craft room challenge, debi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great embossed background! Thank you for entering it into the Craft Room challenge "emboss it" challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the colours!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Your metallic embossed panel is really effective, and I love how you've placed the carousel image. Thanks for joining in with our Emboss It challenge over at the Craft-Room, and good luck.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!