Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, May 8, 2013

AN ELEGANT COLOUR PALETTE AT THE 0UTLAWZ

How elegant is this palette?


Those are the colours to work with at The Outlawz Color Challenge this week, and this is my interpretation: WARNING : THERE IS A LOT OF SEWING ON THIS CARD! LOL!!!!


To create my card I used an offcut of black lace that I have had in my stash for simply ages and gathered it up to fashion a ballgown dress shape, which I then sewed into place on my card:


Some beads and sequins were hand sewn sewn onto the bodice, and I created a little hanger out of some silver wire which was also sewn into place::


The silver metal flower embellishments (which started out their lives as bead caps but were flattened to look like pretty flowers) were also sewn on using sequins and beads:


I created a 'corner' out of an scrap of the lace and added a vintage button (from my grandmother's button box - she would have been 102 years old this month had she still been with us - love you Oma!)


And then lastly, for the 'stop' on the base I sewed on another flattened bead cap, two pearl leaves,  and some sequins and beads:


The pretty black and silver DP is an offcut that I bought at a friend's craft store in a mixed bag of offcuts she calls "Pot L:uck".
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA


15 comments:

  1. Such an elegant and unique card!!! It is truly beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act this week!!!

    Hugs-
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card Jen! You were right, there was a lot of sewing but the result was worth it (well, for us to see anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jen! You were right, there was a lot of sewing but the result was worth it (well, for us to see anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning Jen...a gorgeous dress, would not mind wearing it myself...so pretty.. love the black and white scheme and gorgeous sparkle..beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Jen, and yes, lots of sewing! You can be rightly proud of this card and your Oma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply stunning!!! Just love every bit of it! Really feel the elegance and romance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is very elegant and so much beautiful detail! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments! Hope to see you again soon, hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A stunning card, a fabulous design and great monochrome, I love your use of lace and a gorgeous details!!

    Thanks you so much for joining Everybody Art Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, very sophisticated!!! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very elegant card. Thanks or joining us at Divas x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jen, this is stunning! I love your B& W tones! Thanks for sharng at The Crafting Cafe in our Monochromatic Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous elegant easel card Jen !! Love all that bling and the flowers made from bead caps are just fab !! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally gorgeous, Jen. I LOVE your dress and the way you've used the beads to make a bodice. Genius!

    Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So elegant, love it. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!