Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, June 17, 2012

A VINTAGE VEE DUB ...

this is a  v dub beetle ...


My hubby's family were crazy about VW's - each of them owned one of these at some stage of their lives, and most of them graduated to Kombi's too.  I even drove the Kombi when I was 9 months pregnant with our oldest ...

Here is a card I made for my hubby (I will keep it for his birthday on 7 December) . The image is one from Pattie's Creations, and I coloured it using alcohol markers

The windscreen glass was achieved by 'Glossy Accents' and the headlamp glass is also 'Glossy Accents'  over shiny crystal glitter glue while it was still wet (can you see that in the pic below?)


The sentiment is computer generated (by me) using MS Word

Why Monochromatic ..... It's for Pattie's Creations latest Challenge
Why CAS ..... It's for The Outlawz Sunday CAS challenge

I would like to add this card to the following challenge too:


luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

11 comments:

  1. Love the Beetle image - really cute! M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My very first car (1970) was a brand new VW...baby blue in color. I loved that card, and now with the prices of gasoline, I wish I still had it! LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great Jen, and I love those glossy accents, the perfect effect for the glass! Thanks for playing in our 'Monochromatic' Challenge #46, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card my father still has convertible vw and drives it everywhere -lol love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen, this came out so nice! I love how you used the Glossy Accents on the windshield and headlights. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge again.

    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband will LOVE this -- as do I!!! It's so fun to create the perfect card for someone you love. Your windshield and headlights, along with your clever sentiment just make this sooo unique -- thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS card - love beetles too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, what a great image!
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card... love the punch buggy! Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic job on this! This is the perfect image for a monochromatic look. Love how you did the windshield and head lights. Glad you shared it with us at Pattie's Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super image, great card
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!