Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, June 1, 2012

INKY IMPRESSIONS SIZZLING SUMMER BLOG HOP


Welcome! ...


    all Inky Impressions Fans!

Well,  you have arrived at my blog - I'm Jen Leeflang, Guest Designer at Inky Impressions for the months of May and June.  I live in Durban, on the east cost of South Africa, where we are heading towards winter, but I am excited to be celebrating a Sizzling Summer with all the crafters in the Northern Hemisphere.

Are you ready to get Inky! 
Today the Inky Impressions Inkettes are sharing with you lots of fabulous Inky Impressions creations to prepare you for a Sizzling Summer!
Not only are there projects galore to admire, but we are also releasing 6 BRAND NEW Rubber Stamps!

Please welcome the Inky Impressions Stamp Line:

Angelica the Bride
Angelica’s New Puppy
Christopher Mowing
Gardening Lili
Independence Day Lili
Sassy Lili

Be sure to comment at each stop along the way because one lucky winner will win this amazing prize package! 

It includes:

Winner's choice of 1 of the 6 New Releases- (Angelica the Bride, Angelica’s New Puppy, Christopher Mowing, Gardening Lili, Independence Day Lili OR Sassy Lili!)
--- An Adorable Inky Impressions Summer Stamp!
--- An Inky Ribbon Sampling!
--- An Inky Pearls Sampling!
--- An Inky Charm Sampling!
--- An Inky Dinky Drops Sampling!
(Prize Package Photo to come!)

What more could anyone ask for? You have until Friday, June 1st to comment and add our blog hop information to your personal blog sidebar to be eligible for these fantastic prizes.  You should have arrived here from Judith's blog, if so you are in the right place. If not, we kicked things off at the Inky Inspirational Blog, so if you haven’t been there already be sure to head back so you don’t miss out on any of the fun!



The Inky Impressions Stamp featured on my card is called Sassy Lili (LS12-SL10) that I stamped onto white CS using VersaMagic Jumbo Java.  I coloured the stamped image using a variety of alcohol markers (Copics, Nellie Snellen, Spectrum Noir, and Pantone).  I used a white gel pen for the highlights. the die cut was matted onto lime green, then white, and then patterned CS.  The based card is white 240gsm CS.  As embellishments I sewed on a spray of flowers using invisible thread and added a beautiful royal blue satin ribbon threaded through a little pearl buckle to form a bow.  As I didn't want to add any bling to my card, I added the three Card Candi dots that I bought from my friend Charlie here.

 
I hope that you enjoyed viewing my card and this stop on the hop! Be sure to head on over to  ......
Kerry's blog and see what she has  created for today.   With these stamps it’s sure to be amazing! ... but remember to comment here before you go!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
Durban


16 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning. Love the blue bow & Lili is just Beautiful.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen, this card is fabulous! I love how you add embellishments to your cards, they turn out so nice! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so pretty...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I adore this image so much. Simply adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Jen, beautifully colouring of Sassy Lili! Love your pretty flowers too! Lovely to see a photo of South Africa, not at all how I pictured it lol! Have a lovely weekend, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this new gal - beautifully coloured Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Stunning pearl frame on the bow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! love love your colourchoice. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous bright and cheery card Jen. Love the bow and your gorgeous flower display too. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges this week hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww what an adorable card hunny, love the summery colours and image is sweet,
    Thanks for joining us at PCJ,
    Hugzz
    Kenzie PCJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!! I love the colours you have used!!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice job, love how the glasses turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jen
    Super card! Love the colour scheme and all your beautiful elements.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen - This is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing! I love it! So glad you are part of our team! Inky Hugs! - Lesa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love this card. The main image and bright colours look fantastic.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!