Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 20, 2010

SOME ODD GIRL STASH CHALLENGE : Ribbons and Rub-ons


For my contribution I used a SOG image (Mae as Alice), removed the mushroom and repositioned her feet to make her stand instead of sitting on the mushroon. Satin ribbon was used to create a little to-tiered flouncy skirt and the sash through the pearly buckle along the bottom of the card. The sainty daisy border along the top of the card is a rub-on. Lilac glitter-glue and flat-back pearls completed the card. I layered the image on lilac cardstock and then on lilac floral textured scrapbooking paper. I am SOSO pleased with the result, and will definitely use this 3D technique (my own 'invention') again! I really enjoyed this challenge... and the outcome of the card. I hope you will too.

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Jen!! Beautiful.
    Love Mel
    http://melaniespapercraft.blogspot.com
    http://digistamps4joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am literally SCREAMING right now!!! Okay, in my head. Not out loud. But OH, MY WORRDDD!!! This, is perfection. Thanks so much for playing at some odd girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely creative and fabulous!!!! I just looooooooove this card!!!! Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I love how used the ribbon for her skirt! :)

    Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! fabulous! love the pretty ribbon skirt!
    Thanks for playing along with Some Odd Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so awesome! Love the colours and the gorgeous skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the detail on this one!! Mae looks great Jen! Thanks for playing with Some Odd Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sweet! Love the dress how adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable that you added the satin for her dress, that is a FINE embellishment, not to mention totally precious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY!!! this is just amazing and I mean SHUT UP amazing. Thanks for playing with us at Some Odd Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a fabulous job. Love he ribbon. Such a creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, wow, wow-I love this! Mae is amazing and the ribbon & glitter & bling is fabulous!! Thanks for taking the SOG ribbon & Rubon challenge- You rocked it for sure!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!