Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, August 17, 2010

MICHELLE PERKETT STUDIOS CHALLENGE CARD


My card for this challenge "ANYTHING GOES" is a Back to School card, using mary Margaret, a little schoolgirl with holding an apple for the teacher. The digistamp is soso cute, just love her, and I added a little button that looked like an old-fashioned school house. The three pencils I made myself and the sentiment "School is Cool" is a bought one, the colours and design of which was the inspiration for the layout and colours of the card.

16 comments:

  1. Jen this is so cute! I clicked to make your photo bigger so I could get up close and personal, I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Michelle Perkett Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jen! This is awesome. The colors are great & I love the little school house. Thanks for playing along with us at Michelle Perkett Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is darling! I love it! Cute colors and sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at MPS!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jen, what a lovely card, you made the pencils, they look so real!! That little school house is adorable. I love how you colored Mary Margaret. Thanks for playing along with us at Michelle Perkett Studios!
    hugs Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, Jen what a great card you made. I love how she bends her head a little! that is so lovely! and the embellisments are so matching. Love how you colored her!
    Thanks for playing along with Michelle Perkett Studios!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jen, Mary Margaret looks gorgeous in blue! I love your little pencils and that button is fab!
    Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at Michelle Perkett Studios!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute!! I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with Michelle Perkett Studios!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, I love those pencils! Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studios!
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, I love your Mary-Margaret. The pencils are so clever. Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studios.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen! This card is so cute! Love those homemade pencils, the cute button and the papers you chose! You dressed little Mary-Margaret perfectly for her first day of school! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jen! This card is so cute and it shows a perfect day at school with the lovely Mary Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen - I love the contrasting shapes you've used with the layers and labels - creates a depth and dimension. Wonderful embellishments - and how clever to make the pencils yourself! Thanks for joining us at MPS this week! (Such a small world - a dear friend of mine here in Australia, is from Durban!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Jen. This is so cute! The pencils are a great embellishment.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful job. I like how you made her head tilt a bit, clever idea! Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studio this week. Please be sure to continue to join us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!