Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, August 5, 2010

ABC - you've seen the A and B - so here's the "B" part ...


Belly dancing is my other passion - I just all the aspects of oriental dance - the music, the passion, the styles of dance, AND ESPECIALLY the costumes. Besides dabbling a little bit in belly dancing and the tribal dancing styles, I just love to design, sew and create the beadwork for the dancers' costumes. In the past few years I have made countless costumes and even more bra's have been beaded, each to the dancer's own colour specifications. This is one of the more recent bra's I beaded for Preena, and I think the colour combination is stunning - royal blue and turquise has always been one of my fave colour combos to work with. Preena dances with style and loves her flamboyant costumes and nothing is too OTT to her. She loves this costume - I hope you do too ...

6 comments:

  1. I love everything you do Jen - I'm wondering if you're human and ever get some sleep?? Your papercrafts are beautiful, your drawings are lovely and I always love seeing your costume creations. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jan, I would not have the patientcy to do this, you got many telents.
    hugs
    Ildiko from CDAC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ildeko - I will add a picture of the whole costume soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel, Yes I am human - sometimes only half human!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Must take hours to bead this up.
    Post up a work in progress sometime....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen!!!!! I just got here to your blog! I can't believe how gorgeous this is! Your work is just exquisite! You must work your fingers to the bone on these! This is amazing! The creativity and beauty is jaw dropping! Preena is one lucky dancer to wear your designs! Please show us more!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!