Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, March 14, 2014

A PRETTY LITTLE BELLY DANCER

Now my friends that know me  will know of my love for bellydancing, and creating the costumes.  That's where my 'signature' of sewing beads and sequins onto my cards comes from. 

 I LOVE sewing stuff onto my cards, and often when you see flowers and bows, you can bet that they were sewn on.  Also, when you see a popped up or 3D layer, that probably also has beads used as ''spacers" instead of foam tape.

The image featured on my card is called Arabian Spell from The Paper Shelter, available here


I coloured the image using Copics and a white gel pen


I sewed lots of sequins and beads onto the card:



The perfectly co-ordinated background is the one that comes with the image (it a used as the inspiration for my colour palette) and once printed it onto CS, I sprayed it with a clear lacquer to give it a semi gloss, slightly sparkly finish.

The sentiment inside the card is

yes it is. How can you not smile and be gitty while dancing :)

I am entering this call into the DT call for the Paper Shelter - I would love to be on their Design Team!

Thanks for visiting me today.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful card! Your little belly dancer is gorgeous & you have colored her to perfection. Love the design & all the beads! Thanks for joining us at QKR Stampede this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring! Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us this week at Card Makin Mamas! HUGS

    Kim
    CMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing colouring and I love the rich colours and ornate feel to this card! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a fabulous card, lots of elements, stunning. Sylvie Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful and colorful card. Love your image! Thanks for joining us at CMM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, so well done. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.
    Karal DT for QKR Stampede
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!