Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, August 19, 2010

TEDDY BEARS' PICNIC


There is a challenge on http://teddy-stampers.blogspot.com with the theme "Teddy Bears' Picnic" and I have a particular "soft" spot for teddies, I thought I would join in the fun. This is the card I made, using a freebie from Meljen's Designs, called "Love is Sweet". I made the picnic basket embellishment myself, using raffia and a thick embroidery needle and woven the basket straight onto the cardstock. The little slice of birthday cake was a RAK gift from one of my ATC swap partners - doesn't it fit the theme perfectly? All the rest is from my stash.

5 comments:

  1. Oh WOW I so impressed not only a gorgeous ted but the basket is awesome, what a fabulous take on our challenge, Thanks Jen for joining the fun with Teddy Stampers,
    hugs cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness me Jen, this is ABSOLUTELY stunning. I just love that basket, you clever girl! Thanks for joining in the fun at Teddy Stampers and good luck with the challenge. We hope to see more of your stunning creations. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, Gorgeous card! Such a cute image and I love the flowers and gingham paper.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Teddy Stampers.

    Lisa x
    Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable image on your cute teddy card and a fabulous basket! thanks for joining in with us at Teddy Stampers.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jen,

    your card is really adorable, it fits our teddy challenge so perfectly. You did a wonderful job making that basket all by yourself.

    Big teddy hug,

    Lins ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!