Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Thursday, February 21, 2013

WHAT WORKS FOR ME ...

I am presently restructuring and cleaning up the workspace in my studio and the ever-present problem of having my dies close at hand came up again... I have so many and have tried a variety of different storage methods.

But that's what they all remained ... storage methods.  I am an impatient crafter and not a very tidy one either, and I hate having to sort through a file for the right die, and then having to find the file again when I want to put the die away.


Here is my latest solution ...



This is a pic of a portion of my dies that are now on a timber board that hangs on the wall directly behind my Cuttlebug.  I bought a couple of dozen brass cuphooks and the sets of dies are immediately visible and close at hand.

I have 'lived' with this storage system for a few weeks now, and YAY!

IT WORKS FOR ME!!!

The next step now is to get the board painted - perhaps I will even be brave and decoupage and lacquer it..

I hope that this inspires you to do something similar to solve your die storage problem too.

Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

6 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to see all my supplies. Out of sight is out of mind for me, I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Skype Paola and ask her to show you her free standing revolving die storage system. It is brilliant and the clever lady made it herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen this is a wonderful storage system and will sort out the fact that they do say - out of sight out of mind. A white washed board will also make the dies stand out nicely.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! This storage looks like it could work great. Of cause I don't have that many :-) I bought a piece of thin magnetic board around 1.5 x 1m, screwed that to the inside of a cupboard door and have my dies stuck to that. Lots of place for 'have to have's - VBG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea Jen and glad it works for you!! Nothing better than feeling organised hey! I'm the 'clutz' type and will probably hook my hands/fingers on those hooks cause I don't look what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!