Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Sunday, February 17, 2013

REMEMBRANCE ...a CAS Challenge at The Outlawz

Today's CAS Challenge at The Outlawz is to  Create a CAS card/project that celebrates or honours someone in your life who is dear to your heart (a person from your past or present).  It can be for them or inspired by them. 


You can't begin to imagine how much this theme means to me this week.  My card celebrates my dad, who would have turned 83 on Valentine's Day.  My mom, who is starting to pack up our home that she shared with my dad for 52 years, gave me this photograph.  It shows my dad, proudly driving his first car and my mom, outside my grandparents' home.  My dad was a diesel motor mechanic, loved cars and after he retired turned to woodworking and wood turning.  The photograph represents my dad's love of cars and his lifetime love (my mom), the hammer charm is representative of his love of woodwork, and the little charm at the top reads "made with love" - that is for all the wonderful little woodworking projects I still have in my home that are a constant reminder of how much I have missed my dad, every day since he passed away, nearly 16 years ago.



I miss you dad, and love you still ....





luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, this is very nice and coming from the deepest of your heart! Hugs Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet tribute, Jen! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, after just having lost my dad as well, I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. This is a wonderful tribute to your dad, and of course a lovely card. Seems both our fathers had the same interests - mine started as a carpenter in life, and ended up restoring vintage cars! We were both blessed to have such wonderful fathers. And now I need a tissue.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!