Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, January 21, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ Greeting Card Challenge

Today's challenge at The Outlawz is an "Anything Goes" Challenge, and the only stipulation is that you have a sentiment on the front of your card.

This weeks's sponsor is Digistamps 4 Joy, and here is my inspiration for you, using a Digistamps 4 Joy image called "Protea"


I coloured the image using alcohol markers and a white gel pen, fussy cut it and mounted it on a kraft cardstock diecut.  Here is a better look at the image:


Now, for the majority of the followers of my blog, let me explain the sentiment :




A "Suikerbossie" ("Sugarbush") is the national flower of South Africa. It's also a term of endearment that could be translated as "sweetie".   "Suikerbossie ek wil jou he" (Sugarbush, I Want You So) is a traditional song of South Africa.

The sentiment is the words of the song (in Afrikaans) and translated they mean …


“Sugarbush, I want you so

Sugarbush, I want you so

Sugarbush, I want you so
What will your mother want to say?”

So, in essence, this card expresses


'LOVE'


I can't wait to see your entries for the challenge!

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for explaining the sentiment, that was very interesting. Your flower is gorgeous, such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is awesome Jen and thanks for the S. African flower lesson ... very interesting and very pretty!! HUGS from COLD OHIO, USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design, Jen, and your coloring on that South African flower is amazing.

    Thanks for joining us at Avadares Challenge blog this month.

    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS..love the details and the four corner blings. Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card jan and thanks for joining in with our challenge over at Allsorts this week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty work thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what a beautiful card, I don't think I've ever seen that flower before. Its really dramatic and your colouring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at PanPastel UK this week
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is just so beautiful, Jen! Love the wonderful coloring, the die cut, design & embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Jen, love the colours. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!