Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A RECIPE CARD CHALLENGE : "A Day for Daisies"


Intially, what attracted me to go and see what this group was all about was that delightful name ... "A DAY FOR DAISIES" ... intriguing!!! And I was thrilled to discover that the images on offer here are even more delightful ... all absolutely beautifully created by Tammy! in fact. The store (here) is well worth a visit!!!

The current challenge is to incorporate a tried and tested recipe, so I chose Mediterannean Roasted Vegetables, a dish I always prepare to accompany a BBQ, especially the Christmas Day BBQ!

The ADFD (of course) image was recoloured to a lovely shade of blue and printed onto marbled blue paper (reminiscent of the Greek Isles). The recipe was also printed in blue. I coloured the image using quite a few different shades of blue regular colour pencils and highlighted some areas in green. A navy satin ribbon, royal blue bow and three flat backed pearls were added as embellishments.

I love the look of this card and think that it would make a great card to give a friend (male or female) as a birthday card.

If you would like to join the "A Day for Daisies" challenge, please click (here).

1 comment:

  1. Hi JenLee - Your card is wonderful and I love how you colored the image from ADFD!! Thanks so much for playing in the challenge at A Day For Daisies :)

    Lisa
    ADFD DT member

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!