Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, November 23, 2010

DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY - "Use a Feather" Challenge


Time for another DS4J Challenge card from me ... and for this challenge you need to use a feather on your card - how easy!.. or so I thought! My first effort went into the bin ... this is my second, and a much better one.

Instead of the usual coloured image, I used a sentiment from the Digistamps 4 Joy store here, and this one is lovely ....

WORK
like you don't need the money
LOVE
like you've never been hurt
DANCE
like nobody's looking

and the meaning of that for me is to be PASSIONATE, I don't need be be the best at anything I do but I must do it with passion. I have no need to do anything with the sole purpose of becoming wealthy or famous, but I must be passionate!

There is not much to say about this card, it is what it is, a simple re-coloured sentiment printed onto a die cut card using a die from Country Crafts, some sewn on beads and sequins, a peacock feather and a satin and organza ribbon bow.

We would love you to take part in the DS4J challenge this week, just click [HERE] to link straight through for more details - you could be the winner of a gift voucher to spend in the Digistamps 4 Joy store.

If you love creating with digistamps and learning and sharing with fabulous and friendly crafters, and you are not yet a member of the Crafters Digital Art Centre, please click [HERE] to sign up. Oh yes, by the way, membership is free, and there are great tutorials, groups, challenges, free images and lots of new friends to be made. Now where else could you find that without hitting the PAY NOW button first?

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, I really love your feather... I have one like that which I found at a Carnival party I went to he he... of course I had to pick it up and kept it ever since. Think its going on a card now that I've seen yours. Thank you for the inspiration xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!