Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It’s Digistamps4Joy Challenge time again !


For those of you who don’t know the name, Digistamps 4 Joy is the first South African online digistore – with run by a South African (Mel) with images by South African artists. And for me, being on Mel’s Design Team is such a treat, being able to play with some of the really off-beat, whacky images she has to offer.

Unfortunately, calamity struck the server for Digistamps4Joy, and after being ‘down’ for a couple of days, the digistore came back online – but oh! what gObLleDy-GoOk….. Mel has had to reload most of the newer images, and reshuffle the chaos. She’s nearly done now, after burning the midnight candle (at both ends)! Well done Mel!
If you are one of those who recently registered and now find that your account is not found, please re-register – that’s one of the casualties Mel can’t rectify.

Now to my card as your inspiration for this challenge:
Yippee – I love these challenges, especially sketch challenges – which is what it is this time around! Let’s start from the top layer, and work downwards .
- “Fairy Friends” is the digistamps4joy image I used
- the wings are paper-pieced, coloured and heat embossed
- the die-cut oval behind the fairies is embossed using a Cuttlebug folder
- three shiny heart embellishments from my stash
- shiny organza ribbon from my stash
- the sentiment is computer generated and then embossed using the same Cuttlebug folder
- the white border made using my Fabscraps punch
- the striped, swirly BP is unmarked, but part of the same piece of mini scrapbooking paper
- all matted onto a piece of deep red Nepalse handmade paper.

Phew – a lot going on there – no wonder it took me so long to put the whole thing together!

PS : Just as a bonus – there’s a ds4j freebie for you at part of the CDAC FREEBIE CHALLENGE #8, and I have made a card, which you can see here. Grab the freebie while you can because she’ll be in the store next week and then you’ll have to pay ….
If you'd like to see the card I made with her, click here!
Thanks for looking, thanks for reading this marathon post, leave a comment if you like, and I hope to see your entries for the DS4J challenge where I can comment on your project too!

2 comments:

  1. such a beautiful creation Jen! love the embossing and your colouring is fab :) Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is adorable. Would make the perfect card for "someone special". The colouring is fantastic. I love the fairy friends wings.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!