Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, October 12, 2010

FALL FAIRY - DIGISTAMPS 4 JOY


Round 8 of the Crafters Digital Art Center Challenges are on the go at present, and it's always great to take part in the Freebie Challenge! In the USA, it's Fall, Thanksgiving and Halloween within weeks of each other, and for the past two rounds of challenges we have had pumpkins, witches, bats and falling leaves.
Don't get me wrong - the Thanksgiving and Halloween digis are great fun, but totally useless to us in South Africa, as we don't celebrate either holiday. Now after over a month of colouring pumpkins (cos that's all I feel I have been doing) I have a pile of worthless (to me) cards that are really only good for paper-pulping.
I am not saying that they have been a waste of time and materials, quite the contrary on fact; I have got to learn, explore and perfect new techniques, and made many friends along the way.
But the real reason for this post, before I got carried away by the pumpkins, was to tell you about the non-pumpkin digi I designed for the Freebie challenge, still seasonal, as it is called Fall Fairy, but she's NOT A PUMPKIN!
I think she has such pretty face, and this is what she looks like once made into a card. Her face is coloured in Copics, and for the rest of the image I used regular colour pencils.
The Fall Fairy will be a freebie for the next couple of days, and after 26 October she will be in the Digistamps 4 Joy store where you will have to pay for her. Why not head over to the CDAC Freebie Challenge blog post right now now, snap her up while she's still a freebie, and join in the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!