Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Monday, October 21, 2013

THE OUTLAWZ GREETINGS CHALLENGE



The theme over at The Outlawz Greetings challenge today is to use a pumpkin on your card.  Now I know it’s Fall/Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, but to me, here in South Africa….. well,  let’s just say that I am already all pumpkinned out!  Enough of those bright orange thingies on cards now!


Here is a card I made with a pumpkin ….. but it’s not a seasonal card :





I merged two precoloured images and added Stickles.  Once that was dry, I fussy cut the image, mounted it onto white CS, and started hand sewing on the star sequins. 


 I also added the silver braid (left over from a belly dance costume), sewn on orange sequins, and the sentiment.

I used a metallic bronze CS card mat and a white CS card base.
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN




8 comments:

  1. Hi, Jen! It´s always such a pleasure to visit you. Oh, I loved the story of Cinderella when I was a little girl and therefore I am really happy to see her on your blog:). Amazing card, fantastic idea, so many details and so beautifully done! I am really thrilled!
    Thanks so much for sharing your "magical" project with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Regards and "Hugs", Renata

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card. I love your pumpkin and all the sequins and sparkle.

    Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful is this! I love all the wonderful sparkle. Hand sewing the stars -- quite a job! Thanks for doing the sparkle N Sprinkle challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, a great image and the hand sawn bling is gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining in the Scribble & Scrap Challenge
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cinderella card. great use of stickles as your accent. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! I love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Jen. Love the colours, layout and all that glitz.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is soooo beautiful. Love the border you have added and all the fabulous little stars and bling!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Melonheadz friends challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 450 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2013/10/giveaway-celebration-for-450-followers.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!