Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CDAC INSPIRATION CHALLENGE

This is my second entry into the CDAC INSPIRATION CHALLENGE, and I decided to challenge myself this time ... to CASE the inspiration picture:


and this is it:



The digital image featured on my card is the sunflower of the Sunflower Digi Set of 3 from the Priscillastyles store.  I coloured using Spectrum Noir markers and added some textural stuff (I have no idea what it is called!) to the centre of the flower.

For the rest of my card, I used offcuts to create the colour swatches at the base, offcuts for the mats behind the image and a the background was coloured using eye shadow powder.  I used a fixative to prevent the colour coming off and smudging the rest of the card.

The sentiment was generated in MS Word.

luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
DURBAN
SOUTH AFRICA

I would like to add this card to the following challenges:


18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO clever Jen! Wow, I just love it! And the background behind the flower is STUNNING. I still don't know how you do that exactly. But someday maybe you will teach me. ;)
    Thanks so much for sharing this project at CDAC for the Inspiration challenge. This is FAB!
    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card. Love the image. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge this week at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I know that image ;) What a great coloring on your image and your background mat paper is AWESOME!!! Love the thinking outside the box on this one :) Always a pleasure to visit your blog .Thank you so much for playing the cdac challenges. Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for out Anything Goes Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a ray of sunshine, on a winters day! thank you for joining in with the cutie pies, come back and see us again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card you made Jen, great to CAS the inspiration! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! I would never have thought to put the swatches at the bottom, but I really like the effect. It adds a nice touch of the bright colors that could be lost otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jen, fabulous colouration and design.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card - fabulous colours.
    Thanks for playing along at Cutie Pies this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jen, what wonderful colours and a fabulous card.

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card Jen, great colours. Thank you for joining us this week at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a fabulous card and love the colours thanks for playing with us at Creative Creations Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous with your colors Jen! Thanks for sharing with us at Eureka Stamps!
    Jacki DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for joining the cutie pies 3 textures challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card hun, love the textures and colours you've used. Thanks for sharing your creation with the Cutie Pies this week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I think you nailed the inspiration :) Very cute idea to mimic it. Thank you so much for playing the CDAC PROGRESSIVE CHALLENGES
    Deb
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!