Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Friday, August 19, 2011

A DAY FOR DAISIES - IT'S A PRETTY CUTE WORLD! OWLS!


This is one of the new releases today, and I chose to create with "Family Ties". Aren't these owls just the cutest!

This is my creation:


The Colour Palette for colouring the image was determined by the backing paper which is actually gift wrap that I fell in love with last week while I was out shopping, and I just knew I NEEDED it!

So the family of owls was coloured using all the colours in the gift wrap, and then I chose the lilac/purple as my main colour and added embellishments to match. The little flowers are sequins and beads which I sewed onto the card, and the gorgeous flower comes from the US, sent to me by a lovely online friend, Denise - thanks sweetie - you don't know how much I appreciate these beauties! I added a bow made of twine, but as I had no purple/ecru twine, I made it myself.

I also wanted to tell you that A Day For Daisies is now also a group on The Crafter's Cafe - we'd love you to become a member there too, and to do that, you simply click HERE

Here are some handy links for you:

All the DT's have used a different image, and each one is simply outstanding!

Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on Crafters Digital Art Centre
Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on Paper Craft Planet
Click HERE to go to the A Day for Daisies group on The Crafter's Cafe

Or click HERE to go to the A DAY FOR DAISIES STORE.

There will be a new challenge up on the blog tomorrow, so come back here to check it out!

luv n huggz
Jen


1 comment:

  1. These owls are adorable. I love the fun, bright colors you used on them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!