Welcome to my blog and thanks soso much for spending a little while peeping into my world

ARTS, BELLYDANCING, CRAFTS
BELLYDANCING, ARTS, CRAFTS
CRAFTS, BELLYDANCING, ARTS

whichever order I put them in, these are my passion!

... all from my little home studio in Durban, on the east coast of sunny South Africa!

"I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird." -- Paul McCartney









Tuesday, June 21, 2011

MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE #109 : KENNY K


This week’s sketch...it's "YOUR PICK" Make it fancy, clean and simple, or somewhere in-between. Remember to click on the sneak peek button on the side bar for the following week’s sketch each Friday.
"YOUR CHOICE"
 Enter one style or both this week.
Just have fun and come play with us :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our MMSC109 Weekly Bonus Sponsor is...
D'Amour Allure was formed as a result of a love for papercrafting and rubber stamps. Our stamps include vintage styles to character art. Please browse the collections at our exclusive retailer, http://www.mcmahonfivedesign.com/.
Check out the awesome MMSC109 Bonus Prize!
Prize details
Laura’s Love Stamp
Sophia’s Stroll Stamp
50 Kaisercraft Pink Flowers
10 Offray Ribbon Rosettes
What a great prize..thank you so much Jeni :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our June Monthly sponsors are....
 KennyK Collection & Whimsy Stamps
View their awesome monthly Grand prize worth over $100!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is this week's Sketch and my creation:

My initial reaction when I saw this sketch was chest of drawers + oval mirror = GIRLY!!!
My Kenny K image was coloured using Copics and I seated her on a chest of drawers, sitting in front of a mirror. Some acrylic jewellery rings were used as the drawers pulls. I sewed on some beads to look like there were some trinkets spilling out of the drawers. I used a scrap of organza ribbon to resemble a silk scarf hanging over the bottom drawer. Some flowers, a little organza bow in her hair and a luxurious organza bow complete the embellishments.

The interpretation of the sketch came easily as I immediately visualised what I wanted to do. Do it do that for you too?

Why not enter this week's challenge - as you can see there are some FABULOUS prizes to be won. Click on the MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE badge in my sidebar.

Luv n huggz
Jen

8 comments:

  1. wat een leuk idee jen, op een kastje zitten.
    ik vind je kaart super.

    groetjes karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jen, just fabulous! I love how it looks like a real chest of drawers. Wondferful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, also...I have some awards for you on my blog. =D Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops!!! I left my comment for your MMSC card on the previous post!
    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly amazing, so unique and so imaginative! I adore it!! You are a clever, clever girl, this is gorgeous!!
    hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, this is SO super cute and SO super girly! I can see where you got the chest of drawers and oval mirror from! Anyway, I found you at The Outlawz and am now a follower...looking forward to your future creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen! Wow your midnight madness this week is soooo adorable. Simply a wonderful take on the sketch challenge!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Jenn - this is 'WAY KOOL!' I love the way you have used this sketch - gorgeous! your KennyK image is perfectly perched there and makes this card sassy! Love it - thanks for the inspiration my friend! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear that you have been here, so please leave a comment! I welcome all craft related comments and read every one of them!